Friday, March 16, 2012

Can't We Just Fall Back?

Where I'm living, the weather is seriously on its period.  Last week, it was hot hot HOT.  This week, it's been raining nonstop.  What is a wannabe fashionista to dooo??

The sky sending my area mixed signals + My favorite fashion season is fall  -> I fall back on autumn vibes.  

 I'm praying that the weather warms up and stops raining so I can wear some new purchases I got from Forever 21!

Paprazzi Shades - Urban Outfitters, High/Low Top - Urban Outfitters, Camisole - Aeropostale, Colored Skinny Jeans - Forever 21, Necklace - American Eagle

 This is my "Colorful Rocker" look.  Simple top in a smoky gray (I love gray!) and fun, colorful jeans are the basics of this outfit (matching necklace is optional and was purely coincidental in my case).  Doc Martens would complete this look  (IF I HAD ANY ;-; ).
  

Colored Polo - Aeropostale, Yellow Sweater - Forever 21, Puffy Vest - Gap, Patterned Jeans - Forever 21

Kay, so this outfit ("The Active Nerd") is more appropriate for the chillier days.  I put a sporty twist on the preppy look by adding a dark puffy vest, but the spring time colors are still present as seen in the chipper yellow and hot pink polo underneath.  Unfortunately, you can't see the floral pattern on the pants (the quality weirded out in this pic?), but I assure you it's there..Maybe I'll post another pic that showcases it better?


Colored Polo (see above), Pleated Skirt - Forever 21, Headband - Accessorize


"The Tennis Clubber" reminds me of a varsity tennis player at a private school.  The bright polo brings funkiness to the outfit while the skirt adds a timeless twist.  If I had one, I would totally be sporting a sweatband on my wrist.  For shoes, I would go with oxfords to complete this preppy look (I feel like a flat would be too fancy and a sneaker too sporty; oxfords are the happy medium).



Colored Polo (see above), Yale Hooded Sweatshirt - Yale, Pleated Skirt (see above), Headband - American Eagle

If you can't tell already, I love reusing pieces!  This isn't really a completely different outfit on its own, but I want to show how to work sweats for all the lazy bums like me (I hope to do more lazy girl-tailored outfits in the future!). 
       I would probably call this "Toasty and Tired" - imagine "The Tennis Clubber" after practice, when it's cold and all you want to do is curl up in your warm collegiate sweatshirt..Or maybe it's frosty in the morning (in which case I would recommend tights and also the puffy vest from the second outfit) and when you look inside your closet, all you see is a heap of cozy bundles that don't necessarily scream "HEYLOOKI'MFASHIONFORWARD".
       I also kept in the pink polo from the last two outfits to add a pop of color.  So essentially:  Pair sweatshirts with feminine pieces so you don't look like me on Mondays.  Accessorize a lot too, so that you exude a fresher, less tired, attitude.


Alrighty, I hope you enjoyed my first fashion post!  I hope there's going to be plenty more to come (hopefully more springy)! :)


***

No comments:

Post a Comment